23 May 2006

An EVIL economist?

I know as well as anyone how little we sometimes know about our celebrity heroes (see earlier posts regarding Kurt, Axl, et al), but even I was surprised to learn this one. Mike Myers and I were checking out girls at the Apple Store on Prince Street, and he told me that his Austin Powers co-star Seth Green is also The Economist's U.S. columnist "Lexington." Never in a million years would I have put that together. At first I was sure Mike was fucking with me, but he swore up and down that it was true. It makes more sense when you forget his whole 1999 future-punk style and remember him as a young Woody Allen in Radio Days. I called Woody up to ask him if he knew anything about it, and he told me Seth is "just a little to the right of Attila the Hun" but that it was "nothing a heavy blow to head with a tire iron couldn't fix."

Speaking of physical violence, I've received a few concerned e-mails about the kidnapping business. I appreciate your concern, but I remain convinced that my life is not in danger. Macaulay Culkin is many things, but he is not a killer.