21 April 2006

rooftop afternoon garden party

They had a real tree up there on the roof and Steve Buscemi was perched up in the branches eating pistachios and pegging people with the shells... Owen Wilson told me Pam Anderson's been saying she took my virginity. Not true. I lost my virginity to Winona Ryder and Drew Barrymore. (I'm not the kiss-and-tell kind of guy, but the video for that one's on the internet, probably on YouTube by now, so what are you gonna do?) Pam is off her rocker. Owen said, "Yeah, she also said she took my virginity. I told her I thought I'd remember that, and she just smiled blankly." He and Wes are working on a new movie musical called Unabomber!; they're hoping Bill will star, but there's some question about whether he can sing... John Cusack, Uma Thurman, Seth Green, and James Earl Jones were playing doubles ping-pong while Beck and the guy from LCD Soundsystem argued loudly about Alexander Hamilton... Yahweh was there, looking good—a lot calmer now that he's (reportedly) on his meds... When I was about to leave, Beck stopped me and said I should wait 10 minutes because Macaulay wanted to see me. I said fuck that and got the hell out double-time. More and more Macaulay's giving me the creepy fantods.